Thursday, June 18, 2015

June Monthly Favourites


As were heading towards the heat of summer (not sure if the UK weather has caught onto that yet) I thought id pop together some products Ive been loving this month!



MAC Burgundy x9
I've just started collecting eyeshadows for my new MAC palette x 15 however when I spotted the new permanent eyes collection I was in love! My favourite palettes were both Amber and Burgundy, however Amber was sold out (cue pout) so I decided to buy Burgundy first. You get a nice mix of light and dark shadows as-well as satin, matte and shimmer finishes, so its easy to mix and match for day and night and different occasions.
(Honey Lust, Poppyseed, Quarry, Antiqued, Embark, Noir, Haux, Star Violet, Sketch)

I had been eyeing this raincoat for a good two to three months trying to come up with a good excuse to buy it however when it suddenly came on promotion for £35 (Originally £50) I ran into every local Topshop trying to find my size. Unfortunately I could only find too small or too large sizes so I decided to size up and make it oversized. Officially my new favourite jacket and I wear it even when its humid and sunny (not exactly raincoat weather).

365 Blog Topic Ideas
Officially a bible to me now, 365 Blog Topic Ideas by Dana Fox aka Wonderforest is a god send for bloggers stuck in a rut on what to write. Apart from just random idea's there are also seasonal posts perfect for Valentines Day to Christmas. Also if you're planning to start a blog this is perfect inspiration for those first posts!

Jo Malone in Wild Bluebell

After visiting the Jo Malone counter in Norwich I found myself leaning toward the scent Wild Bluebell, I didn't buy it as it was so expensive (£42 for 30ml!) but luckily I received it as a birthday gift instead! It's a lovely light floral fragrance which isn't overpowering or strong; perfect for a first scent. Now it has become my daily fragrance and its running out so quickly I may have to buy myself another quite soon. 

Revlon Highlighting Palette in Bronze Glow

For us pale lot most bronzers either make us look like an Oompa Loompa or like we've been in a mud bath yet Revlon's highlighting in bronze glow gives the skin a lovely peachy glow which still gives a good contour without being too dark on the skin. In my opinion it's a great dupe for the Bobbi Brown Shimmer Brick!

Eco Tools Blush

Up until recently I have been using the Real Techniques Blush Brush, but after using it for a couple of years I started looking for an upgrade. I had seen a couple of really positive reviews of the Eco Tools Blush Brush so I decided to go ahead and buy it, and golly gosh is it amazing! The brush itself is so soft on the skin and gives a lovely gradual colour on the cheeks.

M.A.C Lipsticks - Kinda Sexy, Crosswires, See Sheer

Suddenly my new obsession has become M.A.C lipsticks I feel like I Gotta Catch Em All! (name that reference!) Some of my newest purchases have been...
 Kinda Sexy - A lighter/pink version of Velvet Teddy, like Velvet Teddy it's a perfect matte nude. 
Crosswires - A gift from Ben, Crosswires is a creamsheen in a gorgeous bold coral colour, however the coral is not amplified so it's not too bright for those afraid of a bold lip. A lovely summer shade!
See Sheer - My favourite of all, See Sheer was my first lustre finish lipstick from M.A.C it's a build-able colour which can either give a rosy warm tint to the lips or produce a muted red lip.







No comments

Post a Comment

© Farewell May | Beauty, Fashion & Lifestyle . All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig